The staff at Skills Australia Institute understands that students may require extra support to assist them cope the life as a student. The Student Support Team are committed to assist students, and offers support and counselling services in a variety of areas. All student support services are without any costs and are kept confidentially.
Study related advice:
- Your attendance or academic course progress
- Concerns about time management
- How to find jobs, how to apply for jobs, provide information about how to write a resume and cover letter and how to prepare before attending interviews
- Student policies and procedures and study related requests
- Further study options and/or social groups
- Language barriers
- How to find an accommodation.
- Relationship problems at SAI, at home, or with your friends
- Experience cultural and religious conflicts or confusions
- Become the victim of a crime or be in an accident
- Childcare or concerns about your children
- Feeling lonely and being away from friends and family
- Understand and adapt to Australian customs
Students at SAI can pay their tuition fees in easy and manageable payment plans. Our financial administration assistants can assist students in processing their payments, either over the phone or in person. SAI’s staff also provide up-to-date information about the next payment dates and the outstanding amounts, providing support services to assist students to manage their tuition fee payments.
Access to academic records
Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion when they complete their course or a Statement of Attainment when they withdraw or cease their course prior to completion. Students can also access their records at any time by providing a written request. A Certificate of Completion and/or a Statement of Attainment will be issued within 10 business days at no additional cost.
Meet with a Student Support Officer
The student support services are available Monday to Friday 9am-6pm and on Saturday and Sunday 9.30am-4.30pm. If you would like to meet with a Student Support Officer you can come in to the campus and speak to us, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 118 368. If your partner has a problem that affects you or your study, they can also see the Student Support Team.