It is always essential to take some formal education, in the form of necessary courses, to learn the discipline under the guidance of professionals. At Skills Australia Institute, we offer two childcare training courses in Perth Campus.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
Some important points to note:
- The childcare courses are available for both local and international students.
- Both these childcare courses are delivered over 52 weeks – 21 hours per week on the course theory.
- Involves 400 hours of work based training.
What will I learn?
Our childcare certification courses are designed to teach:
- Ethical and legal values that stand as foundations for childcare education (by Australian standards).
- Identification and handling of young people at risk.
- Health and Safety of children and childcare environment.
- Holistic development of children and how to provide that differently to different children.
- Developing a positive relationship with children.
- Developing cultural diversity and competency.
The Diploma course is the continuation of the Certificate III childcare course. In addition to the aforementioned units of study, the diploma course also includes managerial and strategic units like:
- Embedding sustainable practises in service operations.
- Promoting children’s agency
- Implementing strategies for the inclusion of all children.
Childcare courses job outcomes
Childcare training courses open doors to many opportunities. Some of them are:
- Child Psychology
- Child Nursing
- Social worker with children
- Childcare/Day-care manager
- Family support officer
- One can always turn to become an entrepreneur. Open your own childcare centre.
Perks of childcare career:
- Building relationships with children (Nurturing them and seeing them grow)
- Flexible work hours
- Good work life balance
- Mental satisfaction
- Building networks with families.
We would like to make it very clear that the earnings/income with childcare jobs can be from middle to high range. It is not really as much about money as it is about the experience.
Is childcare training courses right for me?
If you need help to come to a conclusion as to whether or not you can choose childcare as your career path, here is a quick check-list for you.
- I love kids. I would take pride in nurturing them and seeing them grow.
- I like talking to both children and elderly.
- I can be empathetic.
- I am patient and flexible with my work. I do not resist relevant changes.
- I am honest and courteous. People can depend on me.
- I am ready to educate myself further, formally.
If you could tick-off more than 4 boxes, trust us, you are ready. Enrol yourself at our childcare courses in the beautiful city of Perth WA, and get the most enriching of experiences.