- SAI recognises AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by a Registered Training Organisation in Australia.
- A credit is formal recognition of the previous studies completed with another Registered Training Organisation in Australia
- Students who have completed units from their course at other Registered Training Organisation in Australia will be given recognition/ credit transfer by SAI on presentation of a verified Transcript and/or Award or Statement of Attainment.
- To apply, students should fill in the ‘Credit Application Form’ and submit it as part of their enrolment/application.
- Students applying for credit will not be charged and will be advised in writing of the outcome of their Credit Application.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is a form of assessment that acknowledges skills and knowledge gained through:
- Formal training conducted by industry or education
- Work experience
- Life experience
The main principle of RPL focuses on the outcomes of learning rather than when or where the learning occurred. Evidence of competency is collected by the student and submitted to the nominated assessor and assessment is made based on the required industry standard within the relevant training package unit of competency. If you believe this may apply to you for any part of the course, then you should request an application during the enrolment process.