Course Credits for International Students
Have you ever had previous educational and work experiences in your home country that you think is relevant to what you will be studying at Skills Australia Institute? If so, SAI is more than happy to help you validate it through their credit handling services. These are:
SAI’s credit transfer service gives international students the chance to credit his/her educational attainment or training that has been completed beforehand (this is through a mapping process done by the institution). This will require the student to present valid documents and evidences to SAI in order to effectively transfer it. These experiences must meet the course curriculum’s module.
SAI will also contact the institution or certifying body where your accreditation originated from to be able to ensure it legitimacy. To avail this service a student must:
- Be enrolled in SAI relevant programs.
- Filled out the Credit Transfer Form (which is available at the Student Administration)
- Have certified and/or endorsed copies of your credentials.
- Have official copies of the Statement of Attainment and/or Statement of Results, which should be verified by the educational institution or certifying body.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
International students can also avail the RPL, which is a means to successfully take into consideration the professional and educational accomplishments of the student. If one of the topics or subjects corresponds to the student’s experience then it could give the student the capability to not take the subject.
The student is required to provide sufficient and legitimate evidences to prove this. Examples of the required evidence needed are:
- Preliminary interview
- Official documents pertaining to the training/work experience (i.e. Certifications issued by the relevant organization)
- Letters of support from previous employers.
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) or Resume (inclusive of job description and summaries of previous training and development).
In order to apply for the RPL and/or Credit transfer the students are encouraged to communicate with Skills Australia Institute in order to fully discuss everything about these topics.